Give us a Call
We are available to help answer your questions. You can reach us at:
- Toll Free: (800) 347-5211
- Local: (805) 684-4525
Customer Care Hours:
M-Th. 8am − 5pm Pacific Time
Earth Science Naturals
PO Box 40339
Santa Barbara, CA 93140
Frequently Asked Questions
Our Frequently Asked Questions showcases many commonly asked questions and answers that our visitors and customers might have. Please check below to see if your question has been asked and answered - and if not - please contact us so we can answer any questions you may have.
- How do I change my Password?
- How do you protect my information?
- How do I access my Wishlist
- How do I access my past order history?
- How do I update my billing information?
- How do I update my billing address?
- How do I update my credit card information?
- How do I recover my lost password?
- How do I login and access my account?
- How do I get an estimate of shipping charges?
- How can I keep up to date on new Products & Promotions?
- Why was my order declined?
- Do you use parabens to preserve your products?
- Do you test your products on animals?
- Do you use animal derived ingredients? Which products are considered vegan?
- Why is propylene glycol used in your deodorants?
- I have allergies, environmental sensitivities, easily irritated skin, etc. Are your products safe for me?
- Do you use a masking fragrance in your fragrance free products?
- What does the word "parfum" mean on our labels?
- What are antioxidants and how do they help my skin stay healthy?
- I have sensitive, maturing skin. Can I use your Active Age Defense products?
- What role does pH play in skin care? What is the normal pH of healthy skin?
- Some of your ingredients are unfamiliar. What are they and where do they come from?
- My Fragrance Free Shampoo is a different color than it has been in the past. Why is it sometimes clear and other times a shade of gold?
Q.How do I change my Password?
To change your password:
Q.How do you protect my information?
We keep your information safe and secure by using High-grade AES 256-bit encryption. We do this to protect any sensitive information you share with us against evesdropping.
For example, we will initiate and/or maintain an encrypted connection when any of the following occur:
- When Logging In (entering Usernames/Passwords)
- When Ordering (entering Credit Card Information)
- When Updating any sensitive information.
Q.How do I access my Wishlist
To access your wishlist:
To add an item to your wishlist:
- Click "Add to Wishlist" on the Product Page you want to add to your wishlist.
- You will be taken to your updated wishlist showing past and newly added items.
Q.How do I access my past order history?
To access your past order history:
- Login to access your Account.
- Past Orders are listed under Order History.
Q.How do I update my billing information?
To update your shipping address:
- Login to your account.
- Select Edit under “Shipping Accounts”.
Q.How do I update my billing address?
To update your billing address or add a new address:
- Login to your account.
- Select "Edit" under "Billing Accounts"
- Make changes and once complete, click save.
Q.How do I update my credit card information?
To update your credit card information:
- Login to your account.
- Select "Edit" under “Billing Accounts”.
- Make changes and when complete, click save.
Q.How do I recover my lost password?
If you have forgotten your password, you can use the "Forgot My Password" feature on the "My Account" screen. Click here to Recover Your Password now.
Q.How do I login and access my account?
Q.How do I get an estimate of shipping charges?
To get an estimate on the shipping charges for your order:
- Add all items you would like to purchase to your cart.
- Click View Cart
- Select the destination Country
- Select the destination Zip Code
- Click Get Shipping Estimate to request a quote for shipping on the items in your cart.
Q.How can I keep up to date on new Products & Promotions?
To keep updated on our latest products, discounts and other news, sign up for our newsletter.
Q.Why was my order declined?
In most cases, orders are declined due to a mismatch of address, zip code, or security code. The information you provide must be correct and must match the information your credit card company has on file.
If you have checked your information and it appears correct, please contact us to so we can help troubleshoot the problem, and if you'd like, you can also place your order with us over the phone.
Q.Do you use parabens to preserve your products?
Absolutely not. Earth Science products have been on the market for over thirty years and have never contained parabens.
Q.Do you test your products on animals?
Earth Science products are never tested on animals.
Q.Do you use animal derived ingredients? Which products are considered vegan?
Earth Science products are suitable for vegans, with the exception of the following:
Azulene Eye Treatment contains beeswax
Men’s Face & Body Skin Care Balm contains lanolin oil
Hair Treatment Shampoo contains hydrolyzed silk protein
Hair Treatment Conditioner contains hydrolyzed silk protein
Deep Conditioning Shampoo and Hair Masque contain hydrolyzed silk protein
Q.Why is propylene glycol used in your deodorants?
Propylene glycol enables our deodorants to be applied smoothly in a stick form and helps to stabilize the base of anti-microbial plant ingredients. We have researched glycerin as a substitute, and found that the glycerin acts as a moisture binder that encourages bacterial growth, which causes odor. All of our deodorants have been formulated carefully to ensure they are safe and effective.
Q.I have allergies, environmental sensitivities, easily irritated skin, etc. Are your products safe for me?
At Earth Science, we pride ouselves on making gentle products that are suitable for a wide range of skin types and sensitivities. Many of our loyal customers consider themselves chemically sensitive. However, no product is guaranteed to be perfect for everyone. Allergies are particular to individuals. If you have environmental sensitivities, allergies, or skin conditions, please share the list of ingredients with your dermatologist to determine individual suitability. Additionally, we recommend patch testing the product on the inside of your wrist, prior to use, to confirm compatibility with your skin.
Q.Do you use a masking fragrance in your fragrance free products?
We do not use masking fragrances. Our products labeled fragrance free are just that. They are specifically formulated for our customers with heightened sensitivity to fragrances.
Q.What does the word "parfum" mean on our labels?
Earth Science uses the INCI system of cosmetic ingredient labeling (International Nomenclature for Cosmetic Ingredients). INCI is the international standard that most of the world uses, and will likely become the standard in the U.S. as well. We use INCI because it gives the most detailed and accurate information about particular ingredients. The INCI standard requires that if you use an ingredient or blend of ingredients for fragrance purposes, that it be listed as "parfum" (French for fragrance). This is so whether or not the fragrance in question is natural or synthetic. The only exception to this is when the separate fragrance ingredients are listed by their INCI names on the label. INCI requires that all plant extracts and oils be listed by their Latin names, which can be very long and sometimes confusing. Where it is possible and practical, we list simple fragrances by their individual names. However, more often space limitations on labels require that we use the INCI fragrance designation "parfum". Earth Science uses only pure essential oils or natural fragrance equivalents.
Q.What are antioxidants and how do they help my skin stay healthy?
In the body, molecules called “free radicals” cause oxidation. Oxidation can damage healthy skin cells and may accelerate aging of the skin. Antioxidants are ingredients found naturally in plants which neutralize molecules that cause oxidation. They can help to prevent premature aging of the skin.
Q.I have sensitive, maturing skin. Can I use your Active Age Defense products?
Our Active Age Defense (AAD) products are formulated for sensitive, maturing skin. All are pH balanced to ensure their compatibility with delicate skin. Our AAD products are also enriched with skin soothing ingredients such as kola nut extract, licorice root extract and echinacea.
Q.What role does pH play in skin care? What is the normal pH of healthy skin?
pH is a measure of the acidity and alkalinity of a solution. A lower pH indicates a more acidic solution (which carries more potential for redness and irritation). A higher pH means a more alkaline solution (which some can find drying). The pH of normal, healthy skin can be anywhere from 4.0 to 6.0. Each Earth Science product is precisely pH balanced for specific suitability.
Q.Some of your ingredients are unfamiliar. What are they and where do they come from?
Azulene—The concentrated extract of blue chamomile flowers and contains the distilled rich oil of Chamomile. It takes thousands of flowers to yield a small amount of the Chamazulene. This ingredient gives several of our products their vibrant blue hue. Azulene is an extraordinary anti-irritant.
Hyaluronic Acid—The perfect moisturizer, hyaluronic acid can bind 500-1,000 times its own weight in water, immediately plumping and hydrating the skin without greasiness. Hyaluronic acid occurs naturally in the skin and body and decreases as we age. So safe and gentle, it is used during eye surgery to help keep the eye moist. We obtain our hyaluronic acid from cultured sugar beets or other vegetable sources.
Lichen—This extract is obtained from the tiny lichen plant. It is a completely natural, effective anti-bacterial alternative to harsh chemicals and synthetics.
Micellized Beta-Carotene—Oil-soluble Beta-Carotene is reduced to such a small particle size that little or no distinction can be made between it and water in the formula. This ingredient is readily absorbed by the skin, and helps combat the signs of aging.
Q.My Fragrance Free Shampoo is a different color than it has been in the past. Why is it sometimes clear and other times a shade of gold?
We use a gentle preservative system in our products. Because of this, the color of our Fragrance Free Shampoo can change over time. This is a normal and natural process and you may continue to use your product as usual.